Cook Per Diem Gordon Hospital
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, the Cook is responsible for the preparation of upscale meals as part of our room service for patients with an understanding of various modified diets to meet the nutritional requirements working with the Clinical Dietitian. Prepare high volume special meals for the cafeteria and special events daily. Develop standardized recipes for the other cooks to follow in the preparation and cooking of each entrée. Ensure safety and sanitation regulations required are followed by infection control polices and all other state and federal agency.
- Prepare attractive and palatable meals for therapeutic and regular diets in quantities dictated by the food production sheets.
- Prepare food for patients, cafeteria, and special functions, using creativity and advanced culinary skills.
- Use Advanced Culinary Skills to develop a training program to assist with the training of other cooks in the department to enhance their skills in food production and service.
- Maintain sanitary conditions of Kitchen, worktables and other equipment used in the performance of duties; record temperatures appropriately.
- Make estimates relative to quantities of food required weekly. Make suggestions for changes in patients and cafeteria menus entrée choices to improve customer satisfaction.
- 1 year of food service experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred