CT Technologist PRN
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of FHZ parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The CT technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of Florida Hospital Zephyrhills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrate, through behavior, Florida Hospital Zephyrhills’s core values of Christian Mission, Quality and Service Excellence, Compassion, Focus on Community Wellness, Cultural Diversity, and High Ethical Standards, as outlined in the organization’s System of Care program.
· Performs all exams using FHZ CT protocols. Uses FHZ policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies.
· Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s.
· Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary.
· Properly screens patients of childbearing age, and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards, and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs QA on CT scanners.
· Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result. Uses computer system for ordering, changing, and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on QC or PACS.
· Assists with collection of data for all Kaizen projects understanding final goals of department and participates on teams as requested. Participates in employee satisfaction and customer service initiatives.
· Consistently attends department meetings or other mandatory meetings with positive attitude toward department and others. Listens and is responsible for knowing content.
· If working as an MRI Tech in an MRI cost center with the responsibilities under MRI job class, the duties of the MRI Job Description for MRI Tech apply.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Florida State License- General Radiographer
· American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT – R)
· American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT- CT)
· Basic Life Support (BLS)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Prior CT experience on Philips and Toshiba CT scanners
· Prior CT experience
· General computer skills and PACS
· Basic IV competency
· General physics and anatom