Medical Technologist FT Saturday and Sunday
Req #: 17010245
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Job Category: Laboratory
Organization: FH North Pinellas
Saturday-Sunday 6AM to 11 PM
Florida Hospital North Pinellas
You will be responsible for:
- Performs all testing for patients of all ages, from newborn through the geriatric populations according to SOPs.
- Runs, releases and troubleshoots QC according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs departmental preventative maintenance procedures.
- Troubleshoots instrument malfunctions and performs minor repairs.
- Exercises independent judgement in resolving unexpected, discrepant or critical value results.
- Works with supervisory staff to recommend and implement new procedures or policy changes.
- Performs computer function associated with the job tasks.
- Performs laboratory proficiency surveys conforming to regulatory agency requirements.
- Reviews work performed by Technicians as required.
- Ensures the daily QC and Preventative Maintenance checks are performed and documented.
- Assists other lab staff in their duties as needed.
- Redirect or calls in personnel due to unexpected absence or sickness by scheduled staff.
- Works shifts other than their normally scheduled shift to provide Technologist Licensure coverage as needed
- Controls use of expendable supplies.
- Supports processing area personnel in performing their duties.
- Performs computer functions associated with procedures in the specimen processing area.
- Participates in general and departmental staff meetings to discuss changes, issues and improvements.
- Performs additional duties as required or assigned.
What will you need?
- General knowledge of laboratory testing functions.
- General knowledge of laboratory equipment use.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Computer skills associated with laboratory information systems.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Associates Degree in the sciences or possess completed coursework as required by CLIA for a Medical Technologist.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Technologist/Technician training program.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- One year experience as a Medical Technologist (Preferred)
- Experience working in a Hospital based laboratory (Preferred)
- Licensed as a Medical Technologist by the State of Florida.
- Certified as a Medical Technologist by a national accrediting agency such as ASCP. (Preferred)