Occupational Therapist Full Time Days
Req #: 17009543
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You will be responsible for:
- Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the patients’ health or situation.
- Performs consults as indicated from database collection.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine course of treatment.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or situation.
- The Patient’s Plan of Care is developed to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of expected outcomes.
- Honor's patient's rights by following privacy guidelines and code of ethics with our patients, physicians, co-workers, and guests.
- Demonstrates honesty and fairness in all that they do and accepts accountability for their actions.
- Recognize and anticipate the needs of others and go beyond their job to exceed expectations of those we serve.
- Greets everyone they encounter with a smile, using caring tone during conversations, and makes frequent and appropriate eye contact.
- Use common courtesy practices such as helping lost individuals, saying please and thank you, and knocking on a patient's door before entering.
- Proactively support a culture of safety and quality.
- Listen respectfully and avoid defensiveness in verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Exhibit willingness to assist co-workers.
- Display support in organizational decisions in their communication and actions.
- Refrains from gossiping and spreading rumors.
- Looks for opportunities to support, recognize and celebrate teamwork.
What will you need?
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of principles of medical occupational therapy for therapeutic diagnostics and treatment. .
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, verbal and electronic formats with patients, staff, physicians, nurses and administrators.
- Ability to plan, organizes, direct and evaluates the work of others.
- Ability to initiate and promote innovation and change.
- Ability to establish collaborative alliances and promote teamwork.
- Ability to establish and update Plan of Care
- Skill and knowledge in working with an automated information systems in a healthcare setting
- Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy School/Occupational Therapy Degree
- Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement
- Valid BCLS or completion within 90 days of hire.
- BLS required