Food Service-Supervisor FT/Flex Schedule Wkend
Req #: 17010718
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Tampa
FT / Day
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
You will be responsible for:
- Reports to work in a regular and timely fashion.
- Maintains personal hygiene and neatness according to departmental standards.
- Performs proper hand washing techniques according to departmental standards.
- Utilizes gloves according to departmental standards.
- Uses hair restraints according to departmental standards.
- Supervises patient food service and cafeteria personnel.
- Checks daily attendance and adjusts according to service functions.
- Supervises set up for tray line. Presides over tray line checking completed trays.
- Supervises preparation and delivery of late trays.
- Supervises all activities concerning cleanup of serving, preparation ware, utensils and kitchen areas.
- Conducts temperature checks and logs in according to schedule.
- Manages departmental Human Resources.
- Interviews applicants and recommends to director for employment.
- Orients new employees to job using the departmental Orientation Checklist.
- Conducts performance evaluations and recommends to the director.
- Schedules and staffs employees in the areas the supervisor is responsible for.
- Counsels and resolves performance problems and recommends to director for disciplinary action.
- Supervises the administration and coordination of departmental information systems.
- Works in conjunction with Information Services Project Manager for systems implementation including identifying necessary resources, determining resource schedules and defining milestone achievements.
- Maintains databases(s) supporting system solutions.
- Establishes quality checks and verification points for database accuracy.
- Performs system data-entry.
- Designs and implements systems-related training for all staff on computers, systems, and system-generated management tools.
- Provides support on system and data base functionality to end-users.
- Assists in troubleshooting systems issues.
- Works in conjunction with Information Services to identify and evaluate hardware and software to provide appropriate business solutions.
- Acts as departmental liaison with Information Services Department.
- Acts as primary point of contact with software vendors.
- Develops downtime procedures for department. Defines disaster response and business continuity plans in the event of extended downtime.
- Participates in creation and maintenance of departmental policies and procedures relating to management tools and system use.
- Performs additional responsibilities as necessary.
What will you need?
- Proficient in the use of: Personal computer hardware, Local area networks (Novell, Windows NT, or UNIX) MS-DOS, Microsoft Word (or other word processing application), Microsoft Word Excel (or other spreadsheet application), Foodservice operation
- High School graduate.
- Two years’ experience in hospital food service with working knowledge of patient diets.
- Associates Degree (Preferred)
- Previous supervisory experience (Preferred)