Public Relations & New Media Coordinator
Req #: 17010700
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Marketing & Communications
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To serve as the primary individual responsible for coordinating and implementing both traditional public relations and social media projects supporting key service line and hospital initiatives, events and personnel.
- Develop and write materials for press releases, media alerts, external magazine and other materials as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for local media outlets; respond to reactive media calls and initiative proactive media calls when appropriate.
- Maintain & update media contact list; distribute public relations materials regarding hospital news and events as necessary.
- Prepare talking points and prep materials for executives in advance of interviews; staff interviews as needed.
- Develop appropriate social media content and schedules for posting on hospital and LOHP social media platforms to include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and others as determined.
- Maintain regular website and digital signage updates
- Develop and maintain ongoing analytics and reporting function for social and digital efforts/campaigns; provide reports as requested.
- Assist in the management of any external social media/digital marketing agencies.
- Responsible for planning, shooting and producing video elements for the hospital and LOHP; determine best use for video assets.
- Investigate social/digital best practices in healthcare and recommend new tactics and opportunities as appropriate.
- Oversee the hospital website, CTMC.org, and participate in any redevelopment and/or redesign efforts.
- Work with hospital service line leaders to implement social media strategies into their marketing plans as requested.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four‑year college or university in Journalism, Communications or Marketing, preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.