Engineering Tech FT Days
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.
- Performs repairs and preventive maintenance as directed.
- Knowledge of main panels, shutoffs for HVAC, plumbing and electrical to respond to work needs in an efficient manner.
- Monitors building conditions and requirements and communicates needs to Facilities Management consistently.
- May work to cover shifts, or call or specific assignments as required by medical center needs.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform any required task to support the medical center operations.
- Work orders are routed to appropriate craft/shop for follow-up and completion.
- Complaints about work performance is less than 2 per quarter.
- Checks DIN book at each nurse’s station and makes repairs daily as requested in DIN book or reports repairs to the Facilities Management for assignment to another shop.
- Ability to read and interprets blueprints, schematics and mechanical drawings for job completion.
- Work order documentation is maintained current within 24 hrs of work performed.
- Work order documentation is maintained accurate with correct equipment and account codes.
- Quality of work performed is consistently good – no more than 2 call backs on same job per month.
- PM schedules are consistently met (when applicable).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Up to 1 Year of Position-Related Experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School Preferred
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred