Senior Administrative Assistant FT Days
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today at https://ahs.taleo.net/careersection/95flagler/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&src=cws-10380Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Performs administrative duties and tasks for the Director and/or Medical Director, Managers and various members of the department leadership team. Develops, maintains, & organizes departments’ files, records, and data. Runs reports, queries, and spreadsheets and transmits data to appropriate personnel. Handles department reception functions, telephone calls, manages visitors to department. Works under general supervision and consults Department Director only when presented with complex problems.
- Accurately maintains the calendar for the Medical Director and/or Director. Has the ability to handle multiple calendars to ensure the proper scheduling of meetings.
- Schedules meetings and obtains meeting locations; ensures required meeting materials are available.
- Distributes pre-meeting information such as agendas, handouts or booklets. Completes minutes within forty-eight (48) hours or two (2) business days for review. Confirms attendee participation via telephone or email.
- Screens incoming visitors and telephone calls; independently handles routine calls and directs others to the appropriate areas/departments as necessary.
- Tracks items requiring follow-up and includes items in future agendas.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing correspondence, ensuring appropriate follow-up, including drafting of response correspondence. Immediately advises Director and/or Managers of mail requiring a response and/or important or urgent mail.
- Writes correspondence on behalf of Director and/or Managers as necessary.
- Assists Medical Director, Director and Managers with special projects while using judgment for the level of discretion and confidentiality needed.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the contents of the Bylaws for Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, if applicable.
- Plans for and ensures the orderly occurrence of special events as scheduled. Prepares detailed itineraries when applicable to include events such as dinner meetings, physician meetings and presentations, direct reports’ retreats and special parties/receptions.
- Responsible for Human Resource/timekeeping duties for department
- Ensures that salaried/exempt employees submit their time in a timely manner. Ensures that all timekeeping record changes (Timesheet Correction Forms) are entered.
- Maintains department call and PDO schedules, processes timely.
- Coordinates applicants for interviews. Process personnel forms as needed.
- Maintains department employee files, licenses and competencies.
- Contributes to the smooth operation of the Department by performing other related duties as assigned but not limited to the following:
- Open and distributes mail
- Processes invoices via The Hub
- Place requisitions as needed for department items
- Demonstrates flexibility as department needs and census changes
- Participates in hospital/department activities and serves as committee member when assigned
- Handles a variety of documentation for the Medical Director, Director and/or Managers
- Maintains the confidentiality of all files, data and information. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the appropriateness of confidentiality related to each situation.
- Is proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and various system software programs. Able to prepare, maintain and update spreadsheets, charts and/or graphs of information for presentations or tracking of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need?
- Excellent customer service skills and thorough knowledge of secretarial and office procedures
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook or equivalent, required
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Publisher or equivalent, preferred
- High school diploma required
- 3 to 5 years administrative assistant experience required
- College or business school degree preferred
- Medical/Hospital experience preferred