Security Guard PRN Nights
Req #: 17010393
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Security
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.Qualifications
What you will responsible for:
- Provide a visible deterrence to crime and prohibited activities by patrolling the buildings and ground of the Hospital.
- Responds quickly and effectively to emergent and non-emergent situations.
- Ensures only authorized personnel are admitted onto Hospital premises.
- Escorts visitors, patients and personnel to and from parking areas.
- Investigate incidents of unusual circumstances reported by Hospital personnel, visitors, physicians or patients and reports all incidents, verbally or through general incident form, by the end of each shift.
- Wright accurate, clear and legible incident reports and documents investigatory steps and results.
- Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients.
- Patrols parking areas to detect any irregularities.
- Reports all safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections.
- Assists and gives courteous responses to any inquiries made by patients, visitors or personnel.
- Enforces all Hospital policies and procedures as assigned by Administration and the Safety Coordinator.
- Participates in performance improvement activities
- Performs all other responsibilities as directed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. He/she shall be able to identify each patient’s age-specific needs and promote a secure environment needed by the patient group.
What you will need:
- High School diploma, or equivalent and 1-year experience in the field of law enforcement. (Required)
- Must have at least 1 year of service as a police officer in the Killeen Police Department. (Required)
- Must possess a current peace officer license issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCLE). (Required)
- Ability to read, comprehend at the 12th grade level
- Ability to use Outlook e-mail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Ability to remain calm during stressful events such as dealing with violent persons, responding to emergencies or any of the disaster codes.
- Ability to hand write and type reports of activities that have occurred on shift