Environmental Services Attendant Part-time Nights
Part Time Nights
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Ensures a safe, clean and well maintained facility on a daily basis.
- Travels to assigned areas and responds to overhead pages and or the use of the pager.
- Stocks cart with paper products and cleaning solution daily.
- Cleans patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas.
- Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner.
- Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up.
- Procedures include but are not limited to: sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, high dusting, wall washing, scrubbing, bed making and vacuuming.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment related to cleaning.
- Documents all work that has been performed.
- Maintains appropriate level of knowledge related to sanitizing and making beds, with full concept of cleaning of the operating rooms.
- Must have full knowledge of matters of sanitation, use of disinfectants and proper operation of cleaning equipment.
- Participates in all emergency programs or situations as required, and performs all duties as requested.
- Reports any hazardous situations, and responds to any hazards and emergency situations.
What will you need?
- High school diploma or equivalent required
A minimum of 6 months Environmental Services experience is desired
Must have the ability to read, write and understand English.
Must be able to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets, product labels, various reports and do basic arithmetic.
- Must be able to follow oral, written assignments and have full knowledge of basic environmental duties.