Certified Nursing Assistant, Unit Clerk Full Time Days
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for assisting the patient care team in implementing and planning patient centered care for all assigned patients on the unit during his/her shift, according to the standards of care of Central Texas Medical Center. Is able to perform basic Unit Clerk functions in all care areas. Performs duties under nursing direction.
- Responsible for assisting the RN and LVN implementation and planning of patient centered care for all patients on the unit during his/her shift, according to the standards of care of Central Texas Medical Center. Is able to perform basic CNA functions in all care areas. Acts as personal care provider by attending to ongoing patient needs including, but not limited to, vital signs, personal care and ADL’s. Performs duties under nursing direction. Performs glucose checks according to policy and procedures.
- Responsible for compiling and maintaining accurate documentation on each patient including, but not limited to, spiritual care, supply charges, patient and family teaching, vital signs and graphic record completion.
- Reports patient condition changes, inconsistencies, or other concerns to the registered nurse and/or LVN. Follows all departmental safety policies and procedures regarding patient care and one’s personal protection and patient safety
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, and coordination of activities, supplies (stock and non-stock) and equipment for the assigned unit. Manages communications, and mnemonic charge entry.
- Understands the Computerized Physician Order Entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record for retrieval of patient information.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Certificate from an accredited School of Nursing Assistants, and six months to one year related experience and/or training. Must hold a current certificate in CPR and a current certificate in CNA.
- Current certificate in BCLS.
- Current certificate in C.N.A.