Critical Care Tech Emergency Department Full Time Nights
Req #: 17010872
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Central Texas Medical Center
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the RN and LVN implementation and planning of patient centered care for all patients on the unit during shift.
- Performs duties under nursing direction to include placement of saline locks independently once competencies completed.
- Compiling and maintaining accurate documentation on each patient including, but not limited to, spiritual care, supply charges, patient and family teaching, vital signs and graphic record completion.
- Reports patient condition changes, inconsistencies, or other concerns to the registered nurse and/or LVN.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Understanding the registration process and becoming competent at registering incoming patients using the Other duties as assigned.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
What will you need?
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certificate of completion from accredited facility for EMT-B, EMT-P, MA or prior medical military training.One year of experience in a EMS, hospital or clinic setting.
- Current certificate in C.P.R.