Nurse Practitioner /PA
Req #: 17010841
Location: San Marcos, TX
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Live Oak Health Partners
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Central Texas Medical Center
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide acute, diagnostic, maintenance and preventive care to pediatric, adult and/or geriatric patients in an inpatient and outpatient setting in accordance with the policies, procedures and approved protocols of the clinic. To provide surgical assistance to specialist physicians in the operating room environment, including surgical rounds in the hospital, order entry as applicable and office-based specialty care as needed.
- Provides care for assigned patients within scope of practice including assessment, ordering and interpreting of diagnostic tests, diagnosis, development of treatment plan, prescribing of medications and/or referral to other specialist(s) when appropriate.
- Completes physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
- Orders, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess client’s clinical problems and health care needs
- Records physical findings, maintains medical records, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on client’s condition.
- Assists in preparation of the operating room for surgical procedures.
- Assists in positioning of the patient to optimize the surgical procedures and maintain patient safety.
- Practices under the supervision of the surgeon during the intraoperative phase and does not function concurrently as a scrub tech.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Successfully completed the study and practicum requirements for Master of Science in Nursing with clinical designation or Masters in Physician Assistant program
- Two years’ experience as an Advanced Practice Provider
- Minimum of one year experience providing acute, diagnostic, maintenance and preventive care to pediatric, adult and/or geriatric patients
- Maintains a current license as an Advanced Practice Nurse with prescriptive authority by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas OR
- Maintains a current license as a Physician Assistant by the Texas State Board of Physician Assistant Examiners and maintains accurate physician designation of prescriptive delegation with the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners.
- Current BLS