Craftsman Electrician Full Time Day
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Individual responds promptly to all calls for emergency repairs. Takes care of any duty assignments that may arise in an emergency situation. Is available for on call. Responds to any hazards and / or emergency situations as the situation requires; maintains universal precautions.
- Repairs and maintains equipment in a skilled trade area. Diagnosis and repair system malfunctions on all electrical equipment.
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance according to procedure including but not limited to inspecting, calibrating, adjusting, lubricating, repairing and replacing. Performs and documents scheduled inspections and electrical safety tests, maintaining code compliance. Performs major overhauls and rebuilds. Maintains equipment at optimum efficiency using accepted procedures.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of all maintenance and repairs. Maintains record ensuring compliance with JCAHO, Federal, State and Local regulations and standards. Responsible for keeping current on maintenance logs. Participates in Performance and Improvement.
- Monitors work performed by outside contractors to insure requirements are met and results are documented properly. Reports any hazardous situations to appropriate personnel. Reports any needed repairs to appropriate personnel. Reports all relevant issues to the Supervisor of Engineering in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrates competency in all procedures within the Scope of Practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Maintains knowledge of growth and development with an understanding of the range of treatment needed by the patient. Child – All electrical outlets in pediatric care areas will have covers, no small objects or tools will be left out. Geriatric – Maintains adequate lighting, keeping hallways and pathways clear of debris, equipment and tools.
- Is responsible for keeping current on new developments (electrical). Attends all departmental in-services as scheduled, actively plans and contributes to the department activities as requested. Attends education programs and seminars as needed. Attends meetings for updates in chemical usage and equipment. Attends some form of schooling / seminars relating to electrical system aspects.
What will you need?
- Two year certification from College or technical school or three to four years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior work-related experience necessary. Must have at least five (5) years of work experience in the field. Employee must demonstrate proficiency in all assigned tasks within 4 months from initial hire date.
- Must maintain current knowledge base of equipment and demonstrates thorough understanding of industrial electrical systems.
- Should be able to read blueprints.