Engineering Project Coordinator Full Time Day
Full Time, Days
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
- Coordinates all Engineering projects as assigned by the Engineering Manager or the Director of Facilities.
- Acts as a site coordinator for construction and renovation projects.
- Obtains estimates from vendors for construction and renovation projects.
- Participates in planning and design of projects.
- Coordinates all meetings with vendors, contractors and hospital employees.
- Coordinates activities of contract/vendor personnel working on-site.
- Prepares and updates a daily project status summery report.
- Manages projects to be on schedule and within budget at all times.
- Maintains all drawings and construction documents/files in an organized system.Responsible for completing and overseeing ICRA requirements.
- Designs and implements Interim Life Safety measures as necessary.
- Responds to project concerns/complaints promptly and efficiently achieves appropriate solutions.
- Informs Facilities Director and/or Manager of potential issues interfering with completion of project.
- Advises Manager of equipment breakdowns or failures.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations when interacting with vendors, contractors and hospital employees.
- Consistently demonstrates proper care of the hospitals environment during projects.
- Responds to work orders promptly and efficiently and completes each assignment.
- Performs assigned corrective maintenance.
- Wears personal protective equipment when job assigned requires such equipment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in operation and maintenance of all installed equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment throughout the hospital.
- Follows the Policies and Procedures of the hospital and the Engineering department, responds to appropriate codes as assigned.
- Drives company vehicle for pick-up and deliveries.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Two years' experience in general construction and building renovations. (Prefer hospital experience)
- Verbal and written English communication skills
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced computer skills
- High School graduate or G.E.D. required
- Associates Degree
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Vocational School graduate with Trade Certificate preferred.
- Forklift Certificate preferred.