Nursing Assistant Heart Neuro Vascular Unit FT Nights
Req #: 17010782
Location: Shawnee Mission, KS
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Shawnee Mission Health
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. We’re a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Women’s Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Consistently follows organizational guidelines for effective hand hygiene.
- Follows guidelines for standard precautions as directed.
- Maintains a neat and clean patient environment by changing linens, emptying trash and keeping hallways clean and free of clutter and equipment.
- Performs environmental tasks as delegated with minimal supervision.
- Supports the goals of the department and adheres to all organizational and departmental policies.
- Attends all required staff meetings and mandatory training.
- Communicates clearly and effectively to all customers, the RN and other members of the healthcare team.
- Answers call lights, telephones and requests for assistance quickly and with a smile and pleasant demeanor.
- Willingly seeks and takes on additional responsibilities as assigned within competency level.
- Resolves issues and problems as soon as they arise.
- Obtains and records patient vital signs and intake and output as directed.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Turns and repositions patients with or without assistance as directed.
- Keeps patient and hospital information confidential and out of public view.
What will you need?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- No Previous Experience Required
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association Preferred
- Successful completion of 1st Semester of Clinical Nursing in an Accredited School of Nursing Preferred
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience Preferred
- CNA or PCT Course Completion Preferred