Assistant Nurse Manager Med/Surg Observation FT Night
Req #: 17011090
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time, Nights
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Lead the Employees – Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for assigned micro team.
- Performance Improvement - Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Critical Thinking – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an Assistant Nurse Manager.
- Business of Healthcare Delivery – Utilizes a working knowledge of health care economics and healthcare public policy as it applies to the delivery of patient care.
- Technology – Demonstrates an understanding of the technology utilized on the unit.
- Clinical Practice Knowledge – Is an expert in the clinical practice requirements of their unit.
- Relationships and Behaviors – Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit.
- Professionalism – Demonstrates a professional persona in their work.
What will you need?
- Current licensure with the Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse (RN).
- Current AHA Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
- Current AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Associate’s degree or Diploma in Nursing (BSN required within 4 yrs.)