Endoscopy Associate GI Lab PRN Days
Conveniently located in beautiful north Tampa, just a short drive from Tampa International Airport on Dale Mabry Highway is Florida Hospital Carrollwood. We are proud to offer our neighbors advanced, compassionate care in a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art environment.
Our campus features our main hospital, an educational auditorium, a 20,000-square-foot medical office building and another brand-new 54,000-square-foot medical office facility
Florida Hospital Carrollwood has recently expanded its Surgical Services department and a new Surgical wing was added in April 2017. It is further expanding the Surgical Services team and adding state of the art equipment into new OR rooms. Thus, the need for more Surgical Staff has grown. If you are interested in learning new procedures in a team that cares for one another as family, please continue to apply.
Perks of Florida Hospital Carrollwood
New Wellness Initiatives - Yoga Classes are offered after standard work hours.
Flexible schedules of 36 hour weeks or 40 hour weeks (dependent upon case needs).
Will promote from within for specialized OR positions, offering training for lead, OR business management, and first assist positions.
- Demonstrates competency at an advanced, expert level on complex as well as routine procedures performed within the department.
- Positively identifies patient before performing patient care.
- Assists the physician and RN with the performance of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Works directly with physician in the choice and operation of equipment during procedures.
- Assists the physician and RN with specimen collection. Collects and identifies each specimen for transfer to the lab.
- Performs adjustments to equipment when necessary and teaches others to troubleshoot equipment.
- Checks all equipment prior to start of procedure for safety, function, and sterility.
- Identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate action
- Follows established guidelines for cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilization of scopes and accessories following procedures.
- Stocks rooms with appropriate levels of supplies and equipment.
- Assists the RN with pre and post procedural care.
- Provides for patient needs based upon such factors as diagnosis, age and cultural background.
- Assists with transportation of patients and records appropriate destination within scheduled time frame.
- Assists with development of new procedures.
- Orients, precepts and trains new endoscopy associates and provides input into the performance evaluations of endoscopy associates.
- Assists in developing competencies for endoscopy associates and provides input into evaluating competency levels.
- Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meetings and staff development programs.
- Demonstrates evidence of continuous professional development: Identifies own learning needs and seeks opportunities for self-growth and career advancement.
- Attends annual mandatory in-service, required meetings and continuing education.
- Patient care knowledge and skills
- Working knowledge of and ability to use computer and perform data entry.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek including on call for weekends, nights and overtime as required.
- Knowledge, interpersonal skills, technical skills, and critical thinking skills in the delivery of patient care including emergency/high pressure situations.
- High level of expertise/competency in assisting on endoscopy procedures, including advanced procedures. (Preferred)
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Endoscopy Technician/Surgical technologist training. (Preferred)
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification