Registered Nurse Surgical Call Team Surgery Room FT Nights
Req #: 17010687
Location: DeLand, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital DeLand
Full-time / Nights - On Call 5p-7a - Monday Through Friday, No Weekends, limited holidays
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.
What you will be responsible for:
- Utilizes his/her knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective nursing care.
- Carries out those activities delegated by the physician which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures of patient.
- Receives and accompanies the Perioperative and Pre Procedural patient to the Operating Suite
- Uses time, effort and material economically.
- Maintains thorough and complete record of each patient’s perioperative procedure according to established standard of care.
- Cares for specimens properly and handles their disposition according to hospital/lab policy.
- Knows the laws and their legal interpretation which influences the practice of nursing.
- Makes sound judgments in referring situations beyond his/her ability and/or scope of function to the proper person.
- Reviews policies and procedures as they relate to nursing functions in the CVOR and recommend changes as needed.
- Assists with the cleaning of rooms, restocking and updating supplies and sustainment of the LEAN process.
- Assumes “charge” responsibility of the CVOR unit in the Charge Nurse or Manager/Director absence or delegation.
- Floats to other cardiovascular or surgical service units as patient/census needs require.
- Actively participates in training/precepting new orientating staff sharing knowledge, skills, and specialty information.
- Accepts fair share of call so that the CVOR unit is covered 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
- Responds to code situations within the department.What you will need:
- One to two years general nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Two to three years in a required specialty; CVOR, OR,
- Current registered nurse license with the Florida State Board of Examiners.
- Current BLS.
- ACLS required within one year