Nurse Manager PCU FT Days
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Interprets and directs the implementation of nursing philosophy and objectives, departmental policies and procedures.
- Applies recognized standards of nursing care and practice.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the patient care unit; plans, selects and devises nursing operations, work methods, procedures, work flow and standards for quality and of work including staffing standards.
- Reviews budget and provides input for assigned area. Responsible for adherence to approved budget.
- Assigns, directs and reviews the work of charge nurses, coordinators and/or other nursing personnel.
- Prepares and presents annual performance reviews for all members of the unit in collaboration with charge nurses.
- Monitors and evaluates operations for compliance with licensure, accreditation and regulatory standards with HR assistance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of quality measures that directly affect patient outcomes
- Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: annual education, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
- Mentors and develops leaders and employees for further responsibilities and growth
- Rounds on every patient every day to identify need to improve and maintain always the best patient experience.
- FHW standards of behavior
- Standards of practices at FHW
- Monitors compliance form, PPID scanning, IPOC utilization and Hourly Rounding.
- Commitment to improve SAQ & EES
- Maintains professional growth and development through workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
- Oversees discharge planning in collaboration with Case Management on all patients with LOS > 5-10 days.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills; is able to report and convey required information verbally and/or in writing; maintains required level of confidentiality; consults with and/or advises appropriate personnel of situations requiring follow-up or attention.
- Ensures confidential patient information on unit is maintained at all times. This position requires knowledge of and compliance with corporate compliance, OSHA, HIPAA, and Joint Commission requirements as they relate to your responsibilities, department, and Florida Hospital Waterman.
- Graduate from a school of nursing, and licensed in Florida with Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- EMR experience
- ACLS/BLS certifications required.
- Proven history of positive interpersonal relationship with physicians and hospital staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computers and information systems.
- Master’s degree in healthcare related field preferred