Behavorial Health Tech PRN
Req #: 17010494
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Behavioral
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
What you will responsible for:
- Perform and documentation of temperature, pulse, respirations, weight, height, blood pressure and intake and output measurements.
- Perform and documentation of Q 15 minute and one-to-one patient monitoring.
- Documentation of patient behaviors.
- Facilitate and documentation of groups.
- Conducts safety rounds, contraband searches, ensuring units are clean, orderly, and free of potential safety hazards.
- Assists the RN and/or LVN in complicated procedures.
- Transport specimens to the correct departments.
- Transports patients to and from various departments as requested, as well as upon discharge by wheelchair as required.
- Assists in preparation of units, patient rooms and beds for receiving patient admissions, returning patients, transfers, emergencies, or discharges.
- Assist in serving, feeding and removing patient trays. Distributes drinking water and other nourishment to patients that are not NPO.
- Assists with ambulating patients to the bathroom as required.
- Timely answers patient call lights and make Q15 rounds on assigned patients and documents as required.
- Requires responsibility for department supplies, equipment, and adherence of efficient time management and utilization of patient resources.
- Requires compliance with all safety and infection control policies required to provide clean and safe environment and prevent injury to patients, employees, or self.
- Knowledge of and understands current JCAHO Standards for the clinical aspect of the department.
- Professionally interfaces with fellow employees, physicians, and patients on a continual basis.
- Professionally interfaces with external contacts establishing positive relationships with patients, families, and community agencies.
- Institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patient’s conditions.
What you will need:
- High school graduate (Required).Basic Life Support (BLS) (Required)
- Bedside Mobile Workstations (BMW), restraint /seclusion beds, chair and equipment, video-monitoring, computer, scanner, fax machine, copier, flipcharts, multi-line/feature telephone, DVD, printer, calculator, AED, vital sign machine.
- Bachelor’s social science field and degree in social science (Preferred).
- A year of behavioral health experience (Preferred).
- Certification in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) behavioral patient management course (Preferred).
- Certification as a Mental Health Technician (Preferred).
- Phlebotomy Certification (Preferred).
- Requires effective communication skill, demonstrated initiative, and capacity for independent functioning.
- Adaptability to stressful situations.
- Ability to exhibit patience.