Seasonal Contract Registered Nurse Intensive Care Unit Days $40/hr
Req #: 17009844
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Potential Referral Bonus: $2500
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has provided faith-based, whole person care to our community for more than 30 years. This means we build trust, create belonging and deliver hope, thereby extending the healing ministry of Christ, when caring for our patients
. Our 139-bed facility includes an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Heart Institute, Primary Stroke Center, emergency department, state-of-the-art operating rooms, Bone & Joint Center, Simpson Breast Health Center and the area’s only Obstetrics Program, The Baby Place, offering family-centered maternity care. Other special services include, a Center for Wound Healing, CREATION® Health Wellness Center, CREATION® Health Spa, home health, imaging center, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, and physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
What You Are Responsible For:
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality care to the patient.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to standards, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations with the assistance of health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration, and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Completes documentation per organizational policy.
- Ensures safe and efficient use of equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions and following procedures for repair.
What You Will Need:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Commitment to purposeful hourly rounding
- ADN, Diploma
- Complete arrhythmia test or course within ninety days
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse licensure
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Current or completion of NIHSS stroke certification within thirty days
- BSN and/or MSN (Preferred)
- 1 year relevant clinical nursing experience (Preferred)
- 2 years of ICU experience