Strategy and Innovation Coordinator FT Days
Req #: 17011024
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- The Strategy Execution and Innovation Coordinator is responsible for utilizing improvement principles including LEAN to assist us in streamlining organizational and departmental processes to establish the most effective processes (cost, quality, and service) while achieving optimal results.
- This position will require travel across the region to perform process improvement activities.
- Identify critical inconsistencies impacting the patient experience, and lead teams to create or improve daily operational processes to sustain consistent and positive service.
- Work with identified leaders and teams, clinical and non-clinical, throughout the organization to assess processes, establishing an action plan, and guiding implementation and evaluation.
- Train staff in LEAN principles, tools and other improvement methods on an ongoing basis in both formal and informal settings.
- Plan, coordinate and assist in projects related to continuous improvement and strategy execution.
- Support the identification and closure of performance gaps in clinical and non-clinical departments.
- Coordinate with department managers and directors in order to facilitate patient/process flow throughout the organization and after discharge.
- Collaborates with physicians to further enhance the mission and goals of our organization as related to our balanced scorecard approach: finance, quality, service, mission, and people goals.
- Promote wellness, public education and community service by participating in facility and community health fairs, screenings and lectures as priorities allow.
What will you need?
- Bachelor degree in related field required.
- A minimum of seven years of clinical health and/or verifiable improvement team experience, five of which are in project team leadership positions.
- Proven ability in supervision and previous experience in presenting professional presentations is essential.
- Driver license required.
- Current Florida Registered Nurse license preferred.
- Project Management certification a plus.