Environmental Srvs Mgr I (EVS) FT/Day
Req #: 17011231
Location: Sebring, FL
Job Category: Environmental Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $
FT / Day
Florida Hospital Heartland
What You Are Responsible For:
- Writes personnel schedules for EVS department in accordance with department labor budget.
- Manages departmental budget.
- Manages daily distribution of labor to ensure proper cleaning of facility.
- Regularly performs quality checks of patient rooms and other facility areas.
- Conducts departments meetings at least monthly with proper documentation and reporting.
- Conducts in-services and demonstrations on changes in policy and procedures, new products, equipment and techniques as necessary with proper documentation.
- Ensures proper cleaning and maintenance of EVS department equipment.
- Manages the linen ordering and distribution process.
- Orders EVS department supplies and controls distribution within budget guidelines.
- Manages development of routines to ensure proper handling and removal of the following wastes: biomedical, hazardous, and municipal solid waste.
- Manages routines for the cleaning and maintenance of various floor surfaces and upholstery.
- Coordinates cleaning of off-campus hospital facilities.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and disciplining EVS department employees.
- Maintains ongoing education with appropriate documentation to meet TJC, AHCA, NFPA, DOT and OSHA requirements.
Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
What You Will Need:
- Able to read and speak English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent (Preferred)
- Minimum of five (5) years hospital housekeeping or other building maintenance (Preferred).
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisor experience (Preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field (Preferred).
- Valid Florida State driver license
- CHESP—Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (Preferred).
- Hazardous Materials Awareness for First Responders (Preferred).
- DOT Hazardous Materials Safety Workshop (Preferred).