Florida Hospital New Smyrna
· Perform routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
· Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
· Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
· May perform gross tissue examination (high complexity testing) if meets personnel qualifications set forth by the 1988 CLIA CFR 493.1489 and the corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Gross Tissue Examinations SOP.
· Ensure proper tissue processing.
· Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
· Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
· Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
· Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
· Demonstrates knowledge of and can perform IHC testing.
· Qualification in Immunohistochemistry (QIHC) obtained through ASCP is preferred.
· Computer proficiency required.
· The position also involves effective communication and interpersonal skills
· 2-5 years Histology experience required. · AA or AS degree or equivalent training and experience.
· 2-5 years Histology experience required.
· AA or AS degree or equivalent training and experience.