Certified Surgical Tech First Assistant FT Evenings $2500 Sign On and Relocation Available
Req #: 17011171
Location: Palm Coast, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: Florida Hospital Flagler
Potential Referral Bonus: $3000
Full Time/Evenings (11:00AM-7:30PM)
Florida Hospital Flagler
At Florida Hospital Flagler, we’re deeply rooted in the community and strive to extend the healing ministry of Christ in everything we do. Our recently constructed, state-of-the-art hospital in Palm Coast, Florida is equipped with the latest technology, specially trained experts, and advanced care centers.
Florida Hospital Flagler is owned and operated by Adventist Health System, a faith-based health care organization. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. At Florida Hospital Flagler, providing the best possible care to our community requires hiring the best possible care providers.
• The Joint Commission has recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
• Accredited Orthopedic Center of Excellence from The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission has also recognized Florida Hospital Flagler as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures
• Recognized by the American Heart Association as a Platinum-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite
• “A” rating on patient safety from The Leapfrog Group based on our exemplary services, processes and structures.
• Designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence according to the American College of Radiology (ACR).
• Commission on Cancer Accreditation recognizing commitment to provide exceptional care to patients
• Named a Gallup Great Workplace Award winner for fifth year in a row.
We offer career opportunities in a variety of setting from physician office practices, to acute care, home care and hospice. If Florida Hospital Flagler sounds like your next career destination, we encourage you to apply today.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensures that all required supplies, instruments and equipment is available for all assigned procedures
- Participates in room set up, pre-procedure preparations, intra-operative positioning, prepping and draping, and room turn over independently or as directed
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization techniques for all equipment utilized on assigned procedures
- Demonstrates skills such as tissue handling, providing exposure in the operative field, use of instrumentation, suturing, and provision of hemostasis in an anticipatory manner
- Demonstrates essential mental discipline, attention to detail, thoroughness, stamina, and concentration during the surgical procedure
- Demonstrates flexibility and understanding of assigned work duties. Adapts to changes in assigned duties as directed
- Prioritizes work responsibilities appropriately. Proactively assists others with minimal supervision including non-patient care activities (maintaining procedures supplies, sterilization of instruments and environment of care.)
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills, maintains patient confidentiality and interacts with all internal and external customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Speaks positively to and about co-workers and the organization
- Adheres to all hospital and departmental safety initiatives
- Promotes a safe environment and reports unsafe environmental and quality concerns to their immediate supervisor
- Performs job duties with consistent levels of accuracy and completeness within acceptable time frames
- Meets departmental expectations as it relates to quality and quantity of work
- Performs any related duties as assigned
What will you need?
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from an accredited surgical technology program or military trained surgical technologist with 5 years’ minimum experience
- Demonstration of completion of surgical Tech first assist program
- Certification in Surgical Technology required
- BLS certification required