Registered Nurse (RN) Cath Lab Full Time
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we have received a Mother-Friendly Worksite designation from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Our 178-bed hospital includes a Level IV Emergency and Trauma Center, Women’s Center, Level II NICU, Sleep Improvement Center, Institute for Advanced Wound Care Healing, Rehabilitation Institute, home health and hospice care. Through our CREATION Health Institute, we also play an active role in offering free health education and community events to help support a healthy lifestyle
You will be responsible for:
- Is responsible for a holistic, individualized assessment of each patient in relationship to age, physiological, and psychological status.
- Will identify and communicate any change in the patient's status.
- Interprets, evaluates and implements physician orders in a timely manner.
- Is able to establish priorities and plans appropriate/responsible actions accordingly.
- Addresses educational needs of patients and their families.
- Is knowledgeable of commonly used drugs/solutions used in the cath lab, stress lab, and medical imaging and properly administers them.
- Participates in the transfer of patient information to provide for continued quality care.
- Documents all phases of patient status while responsible for their care.
- Is able to gather all supplies and set up a sterile field for each procedure that is performed in the cath lab and interventional radiology.
- Is able to assist with procedures as needed.
- Uses stock judiciously and in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide post procedure hemostasis and correctly applies post procedure dressing.
- Participates in equipment quality controls and quality improvement efforts.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- One year related experience and/or training.
- Must hold a current certificate in C.P.R.
- Must hold a current certificate in A.C.L.S.