Social Worker Manager-CMSW
Florida Hospital Tampa
Our hospital has celebrated many firsts in Tampa’s health care history since we opened our doors in 1968. Today, more than four decades later, Florida Hospital Tampa continues to offer innovative medicine as we elevate health care in the Tampa Bay region.
At Florida Hospital Tampa, our diverse clinical specialties provide world-class health care to our patients. We offer the most trusted, expert care in key specialties including cardiovascular care, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's health, cancer and surgery. Our skilled surgeons not only utilize minimally invasive and robot-assisted procedures, but they are also leaders in improving these advanced techniques.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
· Integrates the department services into the organization’s primary function.
· Reviews current professional standards for each program and makes recommendations for changes in policy, procedures, equipment and assignments.
· Prepares deliverables such as Avoidable Days, Denial and DRG Options reports for the meetings as well as any other necessary reports.
· Consistently assumes authority for department activity.
· Manages the staff activities to ensure fulfillment of the institutional and program objectives.
· Serves as a clinical role model for staff. Maintains current skills & knowledge base in Case Management.
· Keeps staff informed of their responsibilities as well as activities and accomplishments of the hospital-wide programs.
· Conducts regular scheduled and as needed staff meetings.
· Prepares and administers performance evaluation for staff.
· Interviews for positions and makes recommendations for hiring and terminating staff.
· Works to have staff retention.
· Ensures new staff receives complete orientation, as well as periodic review of progress toward independence.
· Conducts 30 & 60 day new employee assessment, administers 90 day competency evaluation.
· Appraises and counsels staff to improve performance through meaningful, timely feedback and performance review.
· Consider factors related to patient safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of Case Management services.
· Gives input for payer contracts based on issues identified in the case management process and analysis of data.
· Maintains open dialogue with payers regarding utilization, case management and discharge planning issues.
· Maintains positive relationships and communication with other providers to ensure staff awareness of services available and to ensure patient needs are met.
· Develops and maintains liaisons with local, state and federal resources.
· Uses a cost-containment approach in management and reports cost-containment measures.
· Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of case management services and social work services across the continuum of care.
· Participates in Quality Improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions, as appropriate, recommended by Quality Improvement teams and the hospital- wide Quality Coordinating Council.
· Provides director with a comprehensive monthly report regarding department project status, accomplishments, and key issues.
· Directs the design, development and preparation of necessary reports. Prepares periodic reports for administration and committees.
· Evaluates monthly reporting statistics and makes recommendations or changes as indicated.
· Identifies and assists staff to maintain current information on community resources.
· Maintains knowledge of current managed care contracts, federal statutes, regulations and procedures and applies them in performance of review activities.
· Enhances professional knowledge and development through participation in educational programs, seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise. Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learn.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills required to lead teams in group’s projects and assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Assessment skills and knowledge application for all ages from newborn to geriatric.
· Assessment of appropriate use of hospital services and care coordination.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills for data analysis and reporting.
· Ability to function independently and self-direct.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Masters of Social Work (MSW)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Three years as social worker and one year experience at a supervisory/manager level.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Florida Registered Clinical Social Worker
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· ACM certification