Pharmacy Manager FT Days
Req #: 17010250
Location: DeLand, FL
Job Category: Pharmacy
Organization: Florida Hospital DeLand
Full-time / Days
Florida Hospital DeLand
For over 50 years, Florida Hospital DeLand, a full-service, 156-bed acute care hospital located in DeLand, FL, has served the West Volusia area and surrounding communities. Florida Hospital DeLand has grown to include Florida Hospital DeLand Victoria Medical Park, Florida Hospital Digestive Health Center and the Florida Hospital DeLand Cancer Institute. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations; which includes being awarded their Gold Seal of Approval. Our efforts to strive for excellence has led to being voted “Best Hospital and Best Rehab” by Best of the West — Daytona News Journal and a Top 100 Company for Working Families in Central Florida.
At Florida Hospital DeLand, we believe that better quality of care leads to better quality of life, so we’re committed to providing each of our patients the absolute best medical care in the most cutting-edge facilities possible, all in a caring, compassionate, neighborly environment. Our mission is to offer hope and healing to all of our patients in conjunction with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ within our community.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Manages the operations and programs of assigned pharmacy areas to ensure accurate and timely medication distribution, optimize medication utilization, minimize product waste, maximize inventory turns, optimize pharmacy supply use, and maximize staff productivity.
- Organizes space, equipment, and services to meet the needs of patients and other customers.
- Ensures medication preparation and distribution systems are aligned with evidence-based best practices, are suitable to meet the patient care needs of assigned services and areas and are in compliance with all healthcare regulatory requirements and applicable state and federal laws.
- Maintains pharmacy operational areas and medication management programs in constant state of survey readiness for all applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Assists with preparation of an annual budget and manages assigned budgets and financial resources including stewardship, cost control, and restriction/surveillance programs.
- Effectively collaborates with other hospital departments by personal contact, by committee membership, and by memorandum to promote cooperation and efficiency in providing patient's pharmacy care needs.
- Develops standards of performance to maximize staff roles in accordance with licensure.
- Manages, monitors, and evaluates staff performance in assigned pharmacy areas to ensure accuracy and quality of services, completion of all tasks, and mitigation and correction of deficiencies.
- Provides feedback and counseling regarding job performance including employee discipline if needed and completes performance appraisals for assigned employees.
- Maintains personnel staffing levels within established budgetary parameters and facilitates scheduling to optimize pharmacy services and minimize premium labor (e.g. overtime).
- Leads recruitment, interview, and hiring & training processes for staff in assigned areas.
- Develops a harmonious and satisfied staff by facilitating rewards/recognition programs and engagement initiatives and taking actions that appropriately maintain positive employee engagement.
- Functions as a staff pharmacist as required to maintain pharmacy operations. (See Clinical Staff Pharmacist Job Description)
What will you need?
- Current, valid State of Florida Pharmacist license or eligible for Pharmacist licensure by endorsement
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited college of pharmacy.
- Three or more years of contemporary hospital pharmacy practice experience.
- Proficiency in general hospital pharmacy operations and regulatory compliance
- Proficiency with hospital computer systems, pharmacy technology, and pharmacy automation
- Working knowledge of contemporary hospital pharmacy practice, patient-centered care, advanced pharmacy practice, medication therapy management, and evidence-based medicine