CT Technologist FT Variable Shift
Req #: 17011299
Location: Wauchula, FL
Job Category: Radiology/Imaging
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Wednesday and Thursday 8am-2pm, Friday 7a-7p, and Saturday and Sunday , 10am-6pm
Florida Hospital Heartland
You will be responsible for:
- Assists others within the department to maintain quality patient care.
- Assists radiologist/physicians, when needed.
- Attends hospital and department meetings.
- Utilizes the AIDET principles when interacting with patients, visitors and coworkers.
- Complies with The Joint Commission requirements related to their duties.
- Complies with regulations under the HIPAA law.
- Documents and reports any patient incident report in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital policies related to emergencies.
- Documents as appropriate in patients' medical record.
- Documents tech reports as required by Supervisor/Manager.
- Demonstrates an organized approach to daily workload.
- Establishes factors to produce quality images.
- Maintains radiation protection standards. (ALARA)
- Prepares and utilizes contrast media appropriately.
- Rotates call coverage.
- Takes verbal orders and documents appropriately in patients’ medical record
- Utilizes all imaging equipment appropriately and safely.
- Utilizes correct positioning techniques.
- Verifies orders and appropriateness of the examination.
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient and departmental information.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with peers and other team members.
What you will need:
- Appropriate technical skills in general imaging and CT
- Minimum of a two (2) year college degree
- Appropriate technical skills in CT Scan and general imaging
- State of Florida License in Certified Radiologic Technologist
- ARRT (CT)