LPN Tampa Lifehope FT Days
Req #: 17010914
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Physician Group
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Physician Group
Florida Hospital Physician Group (FHPG) is the Tampa Bay area’s premier, multi-specialty physician group, dedicated to improving the health and wellness of local communities throughout West Central Florida. With more than 100 physicians and providers representing over 25 medical specialties in 40+ locations, we have a broad range of medical and surgical specialties to meet patients’ needs.
Our neighborhood physician practices are conveniently located throughout Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties. Our physicians provide care at their 40+ practices as well as five Florida Hospitals located in Carrollwood, North Pinellas, Tampa, Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
- Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET technique.
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent care into daily practice.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and values.
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional appearance.
- Demonstrate collaboration and teamwork in managing patient flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
- Monitoring: Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health/situation and unit specific data for process improvement initiatives including: Initiates patient data base within expected timeframe, initiates consults as indicated from database collection, assists practitioner in identifying patient/family teaching and discharge planning needs.
- Diagnosis: Assists the practitioner in the collection of patient data.
- Outcomes Identification: Assists the practitioner in planning interventions and goals with the patient /family based on identified problems and desired outcomes for the plan of care Participation in collection of outcomes data for unit specific PI outcomes
- Planning: In collaboration with the practitioner, the patient’s plan of care is developed, individualized and prioritized daily in collaboration with the patient, family and health team members that is sensitive to the patient’s cultural and spiritual needs and to attain expected outcomes.
- Implementation: Implements the identified plans for patients and unit specific process improvement with appropriate nursing interventions and physicians’ orders in an accurate, timely manner and documents intervention according to hospital policy. Documentation meets criteria for core measure, charges, PI improvement, and all quality/regulatory standards as measured by chart audits. Assists RN in implementation of the plan of care through delegation to appropriate to skill level including but not limited to: NTs, CNAs, Unit Secretaries, RTs, PTs. Educates patient/family based on assessed learning needs.
- Evaluation: Evaluates progress toward attainment of expected patient outcomes and unit specific process improvement outcomes daily, in collaboration with the practitioner, with patient, family and health team members.
- Maintains safe practice by demonstrating unit specific clinical competency and demonstrating compliance with all regulatory standards.
- Ensures safe and effective handoff communications and documentation of such between care givers.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the administration of medications.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to pain management by alleviating and reducing pain to level acceptable to patient.
- Integrates ethical decision making into daily nursing practice.
- Integrates research findings and Evidence Based Practice into practice.
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills appropriate to level of experience.
- Integrates population specific standards when planning care.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains unit based certification, attends 75% of unit staff meeting, optional: acts as designated preceptor, attends hospital wide committees, member of shared governance council.
- Other duties as assigned.
What will you need:
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements.
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements. (Preferred).
- Graduate of a school or program of practical nursing.
- Previous experience as LPN. (Preferred).
- Current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- NRP and/or PALS (Preferred).