Assistant Nurse Manager (RN) PCU Full Time Days
Req #: 17011302
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary focus of the Assistant Nurse Manager’s role is on the experience we deliver to our patients and the treatment of the Metroplex Health System associates associated in delivering our services. The Assistant Nurse Manager role is critical to creating an environment between the Metroplex Health System nursing staff, physicians, other employees, systems and our patients that delivers the highest quality healing experience consistently to our patients and their families. More than simply accomplishing a task, the Assistant Nurse Manager is expected to use the critical tasks and functions our associates must perform daily, to further develop the capabilities of our associates. The Assistant Nurse Manager role is essential inspiring each associate represent the essence of the Metroplex Health System purpose and reason for being while each finds personal and professional fulfillment and satisfaction from being part of the Metroplex Health System family of people.
- Set direction for the assigned nursing personnel and nursing units in delivering highest quality clinical care to the Metroplex Health System patients;
- Connect nursing staff and other personnel to the Purpose, Vision and Mission of Metroplex Health System;
- Develop the unit specific strategies and approaches for patient outcomes that must be achieved daily;
- Create an environment that takes care of the Metroplex Health System employees both personally and professionally;
- Develop and train employees and use them in accordance with their capabilities;
What you will need:
- BSN or higher degree.
- 2 years’ acute care nursing experience in charge nurse or other relevant nurse leader role
- Texas or Multi-State Compact RN license required
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred