Environmental Specialist Part Time Evenings
Req #: 17011158
Location: Killeen, TX
Job Category: Environmental Services
Organization: Metroplex Hospital
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Metroplex Health System
As a member of Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
Our multi-facility campus includes 148 acute-care beds at Metroplex Adventist Hospital in Killeen, 60 psychiatric care beds in the nearby Metroplex Behavioral Health Center, and 25 beds at Rollins Brook Community Hospital in Lampasas. Through this Metroplex Health System, we offer a Women’s Center, Sleep Disorder Center, Endoscopy Center, Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, ICU, PCU, ED, imaging, surgery, home health services, and more.Qualifications
What you will responsible for:
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental Services.
- Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairwells in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner.
- Manages the policies and procedures as related to specific units.
- Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Uses and maintains equipment properly.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Assists visitors with directions whenever the need arises.
- Always introduces self to patients, visitors and family.
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
- Transports dirty linens, trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal areas.
- Replenishes supplies as often as needed.
- Follows all infection control practices including handwashing techniques, standard precautions and isolation precautions.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
- Works days, evenings or night shift as assigned.
- Works weekends and Holidays as assigned.
- Ability to work on his/her own with normal supervision.
- Observes safety precautions at all times.
- Capable of handling a vacuum cleaner, floor buffer and carpet extractor.
- Wash, dry, fold and deliver miscellaneous linen.
- Capable of setting up tables and chairs for meetings and events.
- Able to climb and work from a six-foot ladder.
- Attend mandatory monthly in-service training classes or Department meetings.
- Maintain age specific safety precautions.
- Has knowledge of and understands current JCAHO Standards.
- Upholds professional standards of performance and conduct.
- Excellent customers service skills.
- Updates and stays current with required computer training (Netlearning) on an ongoing basis.
What you will need:
- Tenth graded required.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English. required
- No experience is required, but is preferred.
- Up to one-year experience. preferred
- One time Fema training/testing.
- Yearly hand hygiene training.
- Yearly CBL’S Netlearning testing.
- Yearly Mask Fit Testing.
- Yearly Tuberculous testing.
- Yearly Fire Safety Training.