Materials Distrib Tech PRN/Day
Req #: 17011489
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Supply Chain/Purchasing
Organization: Florida Hospital Carrollwood
PRN / Day
Florida Hospital Carrollwood
You will be responsible for:
- Receive incoming materials, supplies, and equipment delivered to FH Tampa.
- Identify proper carton count with commercial delivery carrier driver and sign for packages.
- Segregate material for direct delivery from material that requires entry into the automated inventory management system (IMS).
- Redirect mis-shipments in coordination with applicable delivery company.
- Inspect material for damage and defects and take appropriate action.
- Conduct physical count of goods received and compare to packing slip information and electronic purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; identifies overage or shortages and resolves discrepancies with buyers.
- Enter receipt data into the Lawson IMS to create delivery and put-away documents. Segregate material for delivery and stock room storage.
- Unpacks and assembles materials as directed and removes and disposes of unneeded packing materials.
- Place newly received stock items into their assigned storage location utilizing first in-first out rotation (FIFO).
- Performs dated item management.
- Maintains warehouse in clean, safe and organized manner.
- Pull material from stockroom via Lawson generated created pick tickets.
- Process emergency requests for material through the Lawson IMS, pulling required items and providing them to the applicable using activity to include patient billable items from Cerner.
- Complete all required transaction data entry.
- Load material handling equipment (carts, power equipment, etc.).
- Deliver POU (Pyxis), open bin (Par Assist) and requisition self-service orders to the requesting department(s).
- Stock point of use (POU) cabinets, open bins (Par Assist).
- Obtain signature receipt for delivered property.
- Operate all assigned Information Systems, material handling equipment, and delivery vehicles.
- Perform as-required cycle counts in both stockroom and point of use inventories.
- Perform PAR counting and issue to designated PAR activities.
- Responsible for maintaining proper documentation of all incoming and outgoing materials and keeping physical inventories to include obtaining all certificates of analysis and sterility where required. Exercises care in handling materials to avoid damage and breakage.
- Return supplies/equipment according to established timeframes and entering the return if applicable into the Lawson IMS.
- Requires the use of automated technology such as point of use cabinets, Materials Management Information System (Lawson), and hand held bar code readers. Performs cyclical and annual inventories on both storeroom supplies and point of use systems.
- Accept and process customer returns.
- Maintains clean and clutter free workspace to include receiving dock and storeroom. Process emergency request for stocked material.
- Practices standard precautions and enforces safety regulations according to hospital policies on a continual basis. Documents and charges for procedures accurately and completely to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
- Assists in preparing containers and other items to be shipped. Contacts appropriate shipping companies when shipping items.
- Complies with hospital policies, quality assurance programs, safety, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Observes and complies with all safe work practices, wears protective clothing when required and reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
What will you need?
- Basic understanding of warehouse operations to include receipt, storage, inventory & issue processes.
- Able to read and recognize words and numbers associated with product labeling, catalog/part numbers and computer printouts.
- Must be able to operate manual and power equipment needed to load, unload and deliver goods.
- Must be able to drive large “box truck” and operate power liftgate(s).
- Ability to properly complete various forms and records, interpret and convert measurement data and compile information.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in entering and retrieving data from a computer and other automated data processing equipment.
- Critical thinking skills needed to verify accuracy and completeness of supply requisitions and shipping documents.
- Capability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Basic interpersonal skills to exchange information with all levels of management, clinical and non-clinical staff, external business contacts and the community in general.
- Ability to walk/stand up to 100% of the time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. (Preferred)
- Familiarity with a bar-coding system for inventory control and billing purposes. (Preferred)
- Understanding of medical terminology. (Preferred)
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 1-2 years supply chain experience in a warehouse or distribution center environment.
- 1-2 years of experience in controlling inventory.
- 1 year of experience in a customer service setting.
- Specialized or technical training such as would be acquired in a college or technical school (Preferred).
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field (Preferred).
- Two plus years in healthcare central supply or materials management setting. (Preferred).
- Two plus years in an automated inventory management setting. (Preferred).
- Healthcare materials management/supply chain experience preferred. (Preferred).
- Two plus years delivering customer service in a healthcare setting. (Preferred).
- One or more years of inventory management on an inpatient nursing unit; in a cath lab, emergency room or operating room setting. (Preferred).
- Valid Florida Driver’s License