Registered Nurse PACU Manager FT Days $10k Sign On Plus Relocation Bonus
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
- Patient/Client Management:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of identified standards of nursing care to meet the needs of the perioperative patient.
- Assumes 24 hour accountability for the management and delivery of the daily patient/client care of the respective departments.
- Utilizing the Nursing Process, monitors perioperative patient care, this includes identification, assessment, and resolution of patient care problems, which result in a positive patient and administrative outcome.
- Serves as a clinical and administrative resource for the Coordinators, Anesthesia and physicians as well as other members of the Perioperative staff.
- Promotes the philosophy of patient focused care by demonstrating sensitivity to individual patient and family needs, communicating clearly and frequently with surgeons and anesthesiologists regarding any issues.
- Ensures that the Surgical Services program creates:
- High degree of patient satisfaction
- Timely and accurate pre, intra and post procedure patient care
- Meets basic patient, surgeon and anesthesia needs, quality patient care and customer service
- Experienced knowledgeable staff
- Actively participates in departmental and hospital wide Performance Improvement activities.
- Reviews on a regular basis nursing assignments to ensure assignments are made in accordance with the qualifications of nursing personnel and patient care requirements.
- Oversees and participates in the development of policies and procedures which reflect current acceptable practice based on AORN and SGNA standards and are consistent with regulatory agency requirements.
- Informs the Assistant Director of Surgical Services of significant/unusual issues, incidents, or trends.
- Collaborates with medical staff (through Chiefs of Surgery and Anesthesia) to evaluate and facilitate improvement in Perioperative Services and promotes positive physician/staff relationships.
- Formulates goals and objectives in the Quest for the Best format at the beginning of each fiscal year. Goals and objectives are realistic and measurable.
- Oversees the hiring process for Surgical Services MOR and Endoscopy departments.
- Completes performance evaluations timely and is involved in employee counseling, coaching and termination per policy.
- Provides orientation for new employees and ensures compliance with department policy and procedure.
- Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning.
- Oversees maintenance of current documentation of personnel related to professional practice and incorporates this information when reviewing and or completing performance evaluations.
- Review and contributes to the updating of Perioperative Services positions, job descriptions, competencies and performance appraisals.
- Maintains pro-active approach to staffing.
- Anticipates vacancies when possible.
- Develops staffing plans and reviews them regularly with the Coordinators.
- Establishes staff patterns for MOR and Endoscopy utilizing guidelines that address volume, patient care needs, levels of competency and utilization.
- Responsible for overseeing budget preparation, implementation and monitoring. (Operating, productivity, flex and Capital)
- Maintains personal and professional development commensurate with the scope of responsibility.
- Attends Leadership and other assigned meetings and shares pertinent information and decisions with all staff. Participates in educational workshops and conferences to maintain currency and enhance skills and knowledge.
- Plans and develops personal and professional goals and objectives and implements activities to achieve them
- Computer proficiency and excellent communication skills required
- Knowledge of Perioperative Nursing
- Minimum 3-5 years Surgical Services/Perioperative experience required
- 2-3 years management/leadership experience required
- BS or BSN preferred
- Current FL RN license required
- BLS required
- National Surgical Services certification preferred (CNOR or SGNA)
- ACLS and PALS preferred