Assistant Director of Surgical Services FT Days $10k Sign On Plus Relocation Bonus
Req #: 17011508
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Surgery
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Full Time/ Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- This position is responsible for the administrative and clinical activities of the following units: Main Operating Room, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Holding, Pre-operative Testing, Endoscopy, Sterile Processing Department, Anesthesia Support Department, and Ambulatory Surgery Unit.
- Functions include overseeing Patient Care Management, Physician Relations, Resource management and Quality Care activities for the respective areas.
- Patient/Client Management: responsible for the development and implementation of identified standards of nursing care to meet the needs of the perioperative patient. Assumes 24 hour accountability for the management and delivery of the daily patient/client care of the respective departments. Utilizing the Nursing Process, monitors perioperative patient care, this includes identification, assessment, and resolution of patient care problems, which result in a positive patient and administrative outcome. Serves as a clinical and administrative resource for the Managers/Coordinators, Anesthesia and physicians as well as other members of the Perioperative staff. Promotes the philosophy of patient focused care by demonstrating sensitivity to individual patient and family needs, communicating clearly and frequently with surgeons and anesthesiologists regarding any issues.
- Actively participates in departmental and hospital wide Performance Improvement activities. Reviews on a regular basis nursing assignments to ensure assignments are made in accordance with the qualifications of nursing personnel and patient care requirements. Oversees and participates in the development of policies and procedures which reflect current acceptable practice based on AORN, ASPAN, AAMI, and SGNA standards and are consistent with regulatory agency requirements.
- Informs the Executive Director of Surgical Services of significant/unusual issues, incidents, or trends. Collaborates with medical staff (through Chiefs of Surgery and Anesthesia) to evaluate and facilitate improvement in Perioperative Services and promotes positive physician/staff relationships.
What will you need?
- Active Florida RN license and BS or BSN required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Surgical Services and at least three years of progressive management experience in the surgical environment required with proven leadership skills.
- MS or MSN preferred
- CNOR or National Certification in Perioperative related specialty preferred
- ACLS preferred