RN Physician Practice Surg Tampa Lifehope FT Days
Req #: 17011368
Location: Tampa, FL
Job Category: Physician Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Physician Group
Florida Hospital Physician Group
Florida Hospital Physician Group (FHPG) is the Tampa Bay area’s premier, multi-specialty physician group, dedicated to improving the health and wellness of local communities throughout West Central Florida. With more than 100 physicians and providers representing over 25 medical specialties in 40+ locations, we have a broad range of medical and surgical specialties to meet patients’ needs.
Our neighborhood physician practices are conveniently located throughout Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties. Our physicians provide care at their 40+ practices as well as five Florida Hospitals located in Carrollwood, North Pinellas, Tampa, Wesley Chapel and Zephyrhills.
Backed by Florida Hospital, one of the country’s largest not-for-profit health care providers with 22 hospitals in the state of Florida and more than a century of experience in health care, Florida Hospital Physician Group is expanding and transforming all aspects of health care with innovative advancements and leading edge technology. Our heritage of a unique, whole-person health approach to care – achieving wellness of the mind, body and spirit for our patients – is shared by our Florida Hospital Physician Group partners.
What You Are Responsible For:
- Coordinates initial appointments, all scheduling with continuation of care; including radiology, outside referrals, pre admission planning, and future appointments.
- Coordinates transportation services for patients for in-house and external appointments.
- Coordinates medical records and imaging retrieval for individual appointments and outside referrals.
- Coordinates out-of-network insurance benefits including authorizations. Obtains authorization and/or referral for the surgeries and or office appointments as required. Ensures that medical clearance is obtained in a timely manner when required and ensures that all discharge needs are met.
- Shares accurate information answering questions and communicating the expected cycle of care process with the patient and family. Acts as a resource person for primary physicians, referring physicians, staff, nurses, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Facilitates the development of patient care pathways that identifies critical factors for achieving desired outcomes for discharge, post-hospitalization recovery, and health maintenance and promotion for a specific patient group.
- Coordinates surgery with patient, physicians, and other physicians in the community, physician assistants, and anesthesiologists as required. Initiate and monitors patient care pathways that identify an expected length of stay, goals of admission, pre-admission planning and discharge plan.
- Provides follow-up phone contact with recently discharged patient to ensure home needs have been met, answer questions, and assists with problem resolution as needed.
- Assumes 24 hr responsibility and accountability for patient caseload
- Documents patient progress in the medical record daily.
- Plans discharge of each patient in case load and facilitate patient and family education needs.
- Tracks any anomaly or unexpected result related to the patient care. Keeps the physician informed of any and all issues that arise regarding the patients.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with physicians, hospital staff, and outside resources necessary to the smooth scheduling process.
- Maintains awareness of current policies and procedures.
- Performs nurse visits, and wound care to augment care given by thephysician in the office or in the OR.
- Maintains current clinical knowledge base in area of specialization.
- Actively participates in and contributes to hospital and nursing organizations.
- Shares experience and ideas with colleagues through presentations and publications.
- Works well with the organizational framework to achieve hospital/departmental goals and objectives including, but not limited to the facility Business Plan.
- Promotes an environment of open communication as demonstrated through interaction with patients, staff, resident physicians, faculty, administration and outside facilities. Utilizes positive problem solving skills and conflict resolution to assess and diffuse difficult situations.
What You Will Need:
- Current clinical experience required.
- Registered Nurse
- Physician office experience preferred.
- Experience in receiving and responding to emergent situations preferred.
- Florida State RN License
- Basic Life Support