Billing and Coding Manager Full Time
Florida Hospital Heartland
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 65 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. In addition to offering all-private rooms, our campus includes a comprehensive fitness center, community education center, and resource library to help community members achieve optimal health. We also house the area’s largest hospital-based laboratory, radiology services, and comprehensive diagnostic and treatment facilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Manages Coder I, Coder II, Service Rep-Billing, Practice Revenue Coordinator positions within Health Partner’s Administration.
- Maintains knowledge of payer billing requirements (coding and rules) and applies them to ensure FHHMC receives appropriate and timely reimbursement.
- Abstracts pertinent information from patient records
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical coding as set forth by American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate
- Maintains a report of records not coded due to missing documentation
- Reports queries pending physician response > 48 hours to director
- Completes and submits productivity reports to manager daily
- Maintains productivity standards according to hospital policy
- Reports all records unavailable to code > 48 hours to manager
- Assists manager through excellent level of timely communication, verbal and written
- Maintains 98% accuracy rate
- Follows industry standards and practices relating to billing and accounts receivable implementing such standards/practices relating to billing and accounts receivable, implementing such standards/practices to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements, and brings identified concerns to Manager for resolution
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Maintains a current knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding updates and changes through Coding Clinics and seminars, as well as changes in the Medicare/Insurance Industry.
- Uses the selected encoder; ICD-9-CM, CPT-4 Code books and Coding Clinics sources according to established coding principles and guidelines.
- Establishes protocols and guidelines for practices concerning coding and billing and identifies practices for future education on coding.
- Attends meetings as required
What you will need:
- Use of the following Equipment/Software: Computer, Encoder, Coding Revolution laser printer, fax machine, copy machine, calculators, RealMed eligibility system, telephone, Microsoft Office, Cerner, NextGen, and AS400.
- Proficiency with typing and computer experience
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD, and HCPCS coding techniques
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three (3) year experience in a physician practice or medical billing or insurance carrier office.
- Must have basic billing concept knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial carriers.
- Successful completion of the AHS Annual Coder Competency Exam
- Successful completion of an outpatient coding and/or billing certification program or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in H.I.M., Business or related field (preferred)
- CMC-P, CCA, CCS, CPC, CCS-P, or CPMA