Registered Nurse Charge Behavioral Geriatric Unit Full Time Nights $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Req #: 17011369
Location: Lake Placid, FL
Job Category: Nursing
Organization: Florida Hospital Heartland
Potential Referral Bonus: $2500
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center Lake Placid
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center Lake Placid has provided faith-based, whole person care to the community for more than 30 years. That means we take into consideration the mind, body and spirit when designing each of our services and developing personalized treatment plans for patients. Our 50-bed facility includes the county’s only senior behavioral health unit. We also offer emergency care, surgical services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient counseling, and a fitness center to help community members achieve optimal health.
Awards and Recognition
As a member of Adventist Health System, we have received the Gallup Great Workplace Award five years in a row for having one of the most engaged and best performing workforces in the world.
Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center Lake Placid is located in a small, rural town. With more than 27 lakes in the area, popular recreational activities include boating, fishing, and water sports. Citrus groves and farms are also plentiful, providing a local supply of fresh produce year-round.
If you are looking for more adventure on the weekends, there are several popular cities nearby worth exploring: Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, Orlando and West Palm Beach. Each of these areas is located within a two-hour driving radius, and offers countless attractions, including theme parks, museums, concerts, beaches, sporting events, gardens and more.
You will be responsible for:
- Performs the job expectations of the Registered Nurse in his / her assigned care area.
- Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family interactions.
- Evaluates quality of patient care and outcomes based on care and treatments administered.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of nursing personnel on the designated shift overseeing staff and patient care
- Assures staff performs real time documentation including review of task lists at least every two hours and prompt initiation and signs off of physician’s orders.
- Advises the nurse about appropriateness of calling the physician
- Assists staff in using the electronic quality management tools to evaluate a patient’s current treatment plan to ensure quality outcomes based on established indicators.
- Uses chart audit reports to monitor adherence with documentation guidelines and assists staff to achieve documentation goals.
- Provides support and information to appropriate member of the interdisciplinary team when problems arise with families, physicians, or other caregivers, utilizing the proper chain of command.
- Promotes on the job training of all staff members through coaching, mentoring and evaluation.
- Serves as a role model for staff by collaboratively working with the staff and physicians.
- Coordinates orientation of newly assigned staff. Facilitates clinical experiences to meet employee needs.
- Participates in development and review of departmental policy/procedures and recommend revision.
- Participate in employee appraisal program.
- Acts in behalf of Nurse Manager when necessary.
- Facilitates patient management and throughput by: Effective bed management, Staff assignments, Communicating effectively with key stakeholders including affected physicians and departments, Participates in daily Case Management Discharge Huddles, Coordinates Nurse/Physician rounding, Assessing patients for appropriateness of level of care designation and facilitating movement when indicated
- Assists in data collection for process improvement projects including restraints.
- Assess staffing to ensure compliance with unit staffing matrix and patient acuity.
- Conducts daily staff huddles for information exchange
- Prepares appropriate written documentation on problems regarding staff
- Keeps manager/director informed of any immediate concerns between physicians/staff/patients
What will you need?
- Mental and emotional stability, demonstrating a courteous and calm approach to all contacts with patients, visitors, and health care team members.
- Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
- Personal qualities such as kindness, compassion, understanding, integrity, respect, sense of humor, discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate verbally in English and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
- Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
- Critical thinking / problem solving skills
- Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
- Organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to provide leadership, direction, and solve complex problems
- Accurate documentation within the electronic medical record
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in clinical skills, multi-tasking, and a professional bedside manner
- Knowledgeable in assigned areas of patient care including health promotion and maintenance
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum of One (1) year experience in area of assignment
- BSN or MSN (preferred)
- Previous healthcare experience (preferred)
- Previous Charge RN/Leadership experience (preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in area of assignment (preferred)
- Basic Telemetry within 12 months of employment of transfer
- ACLS within 12 months of employment or transfer
- Current Florida RN License
- BLS – condition of employment