PCT-Unit Liaison-M/S Surgical Unit -Full Time Days
Req #: 17011622
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Full Time Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Unit specific competency must be met per the orientation pathway.
· Good oral, written, and communication skills.
· Must be able to continuously prioritize multiple duties.
· Must be familiar with medical terminology.
· Communication, interpersonal and basic computer skills required. Employee conduct must reflect that of Adventist Health System "SHARE" values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school graduate or GED required.
· Minimum of one year healthcare certified nursing assistant clinical experience preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Student in RN nursing program who has completed at least three hospital clinical rotations will be considered.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current BLS required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Current Florida certification as a nursing assistant preferred.
FACILITY SPECIFIC SECTION
1. Exhibits ICARE values and SHARE skills in all interpersonal contacts. Establishes and maintains courteous, tactful and professional level of interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with customers and populations served, including:
• The public
• Medical staff
• External business associates
2. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills; maintains required level of confidentiality; interacts effectively with employees at all levels.
3. Conforms to all Adventist Health System and Florida Hospital Ormond Memorial policies and procedures including but not limited to:
• Employee Covenant
• Corporate Compliance
• Rules of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
• Dress Code
4. Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO, and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
5. Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: annual education, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, disaster procedure regulations and National Patient Safety Goals as presented in orientation, outlined in safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
6. Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
• Appropriate use of resources
• Providing assistance to team members
• Accepting work or schedule assignments
• Participating in process and performance improvement as required
7. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
High School Diploma