Central Sterile Service Tech PRN
Req #: 17010343
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Patient Care
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preceptorship until competencies verified.
- Receives soiled and contaminated instruments or equipment from surgery/ Anesthesia/ nursing units.
- Appropriately prepares, cleans, and disinfects instruments and equipment.
- Inspects all instruments and equipment for damages, malfunction or unacceptable condition.
- Prepares instruments and equipment for sterilization by ascertaining correct item and number when applicable.
- Assists with maintaining adequate supply level.
- Maintains cleanliness and proper order in the work area.
- Assists with supply preparation for surgical cases.
- Maintains required records on sterilization.
- Proficient use of all equipment.
- Assures that proper sterilization procedures are performed.
- Assures the effectiveness of the sterilizing process.
- Knowledgeable in the stocking and par levels for the Nursing units.
- Tracks and recovers equipment and instruments issued to the Nursing units.
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of the department
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assumes on call assignment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Previous sterile processing technician experience desired.
TEXAS HEALTH HUGULEY - PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS:
- Age Specific
Provides age-specific care to all patient populations with no adverse outcomes.
Employee demonstrates the Huguley philosophy of Christian serve by routinely providing Extraordinary Service to both internal and external customers by:
Respecting privacy and
Explaining what is happening.
- Attendance / Personal Appearance
Employee is required to conform to all hospital and department policies while providing a safe and comfortable environment for themselves and others.
- Safe Work Habits
Employee is required to follow all Safety guidelines by safely operating equipment, using proper body mechanics, conforming to specific hospital and department safety policies, and complying with Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA regulations.
- Professional Development
Employee is required to attend all staff meetings, mandatory in-services, and completing department competencies. Must show evidence of CEU’s as required by license.