Certified Surgical Tech Operating Room FT Days $2500 Sign on and Relocation Available
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring supplies and equipment are available and in working order for all surgical procedures.
- Assisting in setting up and preparing Operating Room for assigned surgeries.
- Verifying exposure to sterilization process and integrity of sterile packaging. Opens supplies aseptically.
- Establishing and maintaining a sterile field for each surgical procedure.
- Assisting in room turn over.
- Assisting with the safe transfer and positioning of patients when possible.
- During surgical procedures, will anticipate the needs of the surgeon with a consistent level of competency.
- Assisting in stocking rooms and updating supplies.
- Demonstrating ability to operate sterilizer and all equipment in the OR suite.
- Demonstrating good interpersonal skills by a willingness to help others and acceptance of constructive criticism.
- Picking supplies and equipment for surgical cases utilizing physician preference cards.
- May be required to clean, inspect, prepare, wrap and sterilize surgical trays in the SPD area as staffing/volumes require.
- High school graduate
- Graduate of a nursing program or graduate of a scrub tech approved program for Certification required
- One year previous OR Tech experience or graduate from approved Surgical/OR tech school
- Certification is required
- BLS required