Coder Full Time Days Gordon Hospital
Req #: 17011635
Location: Calhoun, GA
Job Category: Health Information Management
Organization: Gordon Hospital and Murray Medical Center
Gordon Hospital is a 69-bed community hospital that is a member of Adventist Health System, the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare system in the world. We provide high quality, personalized and compassionate care to its patients and community. Through our dedication to safety, rigorous self-assessment, performance improvement, corporate integrity, and service management, we are committed to being the pre-eminent provider of acute inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Calhoun, Gordon County, and surrounding areas.Qualifications
You will be responsible for:
- Codes all diagnosis, treatments and procedures for inpatient, outpatient, and ER records in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures the accuracy of discharge dates, time, and discharge disposition.
- Post electronic notes for physicians if there are questions on coding charts.
- Utilize and acknowledge edits and correct coding as needed.
- Assist physician’s offices and other clinicians with questions regarding APC, DRG or other coding related questions.
- Monitors the status of unbilled reports, notifies director of any issues that adversely impact the coding process.
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned or request6ed in a flexible and positive manner.
What will you need?
- Knowledge of medical terminology. Demonstrate proficiency in use of computerized information systems. Thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- RHIT, or CCS