Unit Liaison PRN Evening
Per Diem, Evenings
Florida Hospital New Smyrna
Since 1954, Florida Hospital New Smyrna (formerly Bert Fish Medical Center) has served as the community hospital for Southeast Volusia County. Our more than 700 employees use an impressive array of technology and years of knowledge to provide exceptional care for every patient – every day. We offer a wide range of services, including a surgery program, radiology, an oncology center, cardiovascular services, a wound care center, outpatient diagnostic services, and one of the busiest emergency departments of any hospital our size.Qualifications
What you will be responsible for:
- Projects a positive, friendly and helpful demeanor while working with patients, visitors, physicians, and staff. Proactively meets and greets visitors to unit. Responsible for maintaining an organized, clutter-free, welcoming environment in the nursing station.
- Responsible for environmental rounds every 2 hours. Environmental rounds include but are not limited to: ensuring patient care items are returned to the bedside table, the over bed tray is free of clutter, equipment is plugged in, nursing alcoves are free of clutter with chairs tucked in, etc.
- Monitors PALS (Patient Access List) and notifies primary nurse of new orders and results pending, minimum of every 30 minutes. Monitors BEDBOARD and notifies Charge Nurse or designee of any discrepancies in level of care, minimum every 2 hours.
- Provides Customer Service rounds, responds to patient requests within scope of practice (i.e.: Ice, blankets, pillows and room temperature).
- Answers the intercom by acknowledging patient by name, placing the intercom on care giver follow up, and responding to the patient’s bedside to identify the patient request. Responds to requests within scope of practice (i.e.: ice, blankets, pillows, room temperature).
- Assists with battery changes and lead placement of telemetry.
- Assists with new patient room set up / orientation. Assists with patient transport needs.
- Serves as a resource for medical and nursing staff, regarding order entry process.
- Assures accurate location of patients within the computer. Removes patients from the computer promptly upon discharge.
- Provides printed verification of physician consults to include time/date and personal information called.
- May be responsible for reconciliation of unit equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must have current BLS.
- Computer proficiency requiredOne year healthcare / customer service experience preferred