Assistant Nurse Manager Operating Room FT Days
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible.
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive to promote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest award an organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence.
More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, home health, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services.
Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
- Leading the Employees - Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit.
- Monitors performance of the staff and reports findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate.
- Actively participates in the interview process/application selection.
- Creates a work environment that addresses the physical and emotional needs of the staff.
- Performance Improvement - Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Ensures that practice changes, as a result of performance improvement activities, are implemented.
- Critical Thinking - Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an ANM.
- Business of Healthcare Delivery - Utilizes a working knowledge of health care economics as it applies to the delivery of patient care.
- Is involved in unit-department based budgeting and support of the budget.
- Fosters patient, family, staff, and physician satisfaction.
- Technology - Demonstrates an understanding of the technology utilized on the unit.
- Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit.
- Clinical Practice Knowledge - Is an expert in the clinical practice requirements of their unit.
- Assumes the role of a staff nurse and is responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities.
- Relationships and Behaviors - Utilizes relationship in influencing behaviors on the unit.
- Professionalism - Demonstrates a professional persona in their work.
- Associate or Diploma in Nursing from an accredited school required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current Florida Registered Nurse license required
- Current BLS and ACLS certification