Wound Care Technician FT
Florida Hospital North Pinellas
Florida Hospital North Pinellas is a full-service, 168-bed facility dedicated to helping our neighbors in beautiful Tarpon Springs and beyond. As a regional medical center, we offer a wide range of comprehensive services, testing and education opportunities for our community. We’ve been focused on meeting the needs of North Pinellas residents for nearly 90 years, and Florida Hospital has built its reputation for compassionate, patient-centered care for more than a century.
Important Note: Florida Hospital North Pinellas is a Smoke/Tobacco Free Campus.
Tobacco use is defined as the use of any tobacco product including the use of temporary aids to stop smoking such as nicotine patches, nicotine gum or other similar products.
Applicants being considered for employment at Florida Hospital North Pinellas will be tested for nicotine use as part of their regular pre-employment screening. Those who are identified as tobacco users will be ineligible for employment, but may reapply in six months
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Workplace
Wound Care Technician Provides clinical and operational support in delivery of patient care in a physician practice setting or clinical office. Responsible for assisting physicians/clinicians with examination, procedures, preparation of patients and performing vital sign procedures. Responsible for assisting with front office operations including but not limited to billing, invoicing, scheduling, patient check in and check out, tracking of procedures, reporting and insurance verification. Under the director of the Clinical Nurse Manager, Registered Nurse or Center Director, will perform tasks supporting delivery of patient care. While performing tasks, under the supervision of the Registered nurse, strong custormer services are essential with internal and external customers. Medical Wound Care Technician will provide clinical and operationa.l support during the delivery of patient care. Prepares patients, for examination, procedures, and takes vital signs records in the Electronic Medical Record. In collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Manager, facilitates ordering of medical supplies. Participates in maintaining a safe environment at all times. Possess strong organizational skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Encourages and demonstrates teamwork following up on diagnostic results, answering phones, communicating with patients.
· Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in conflict resolution/problem solving.
· Collaborates with staff on marketing efforts
· Communicates effectively with front desk staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
· Performs front office responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrates good communication skills respectfully and courteous when interacting with patients, co-workers, physicians, and colleagues within department.
· Preps for next day patients. Ensures all necessary reports/results are available day of visit. Passes key information to doctors/clinicians and front office in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinates with appropriate personnell to schedule procedures and ensure efficient processes.
· Maintains efficient patient flow, exam room prep and addresses all doctors’ requirements.
· Demonstrates knowledge of office medical equipment and assists doctor.
· Maintains timely communication with patients re: hyperbaric dives,surgery, scripts, testing.
· Prevents casual overtime at all times and completes work in a timely manner.
· Assists in controlling supplies and maintains inventory weekly.
· Maintains efficiency in patient work-up flow and triage responsibilities.
· Maintains accurate documentation of patient medications and messages, sample meds, and pharmacy documentation.
· Identifies problems that may affect patient safety and efficiency in department.
· Demonstrates knowledge and compliance of Hospital guidelines and regulatory requirements.
· Keeps current with new technology and updates on care and medications.
· Contributes to the growth of the practice by managing patient flow and recommending follow-up visits if needed.
· Assists office staff with marketing mailings, phone calls.
· Escorts patient to examination room, takes vital signs, removes dressings, positions patient comfortably for nursing and medical examination.
· Assist in delivery of care with physician/nurse as needed.
· Once patient is ready for nursing/physician, escorts next patient.
· Facilitating process and flow, in a timely manner, is essential.
· Data entry skills – entering patient information into EMR at point of service.
· Possess strong verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work well independently and with others in a team environment.
· Ability to adapt to change.
· Maintains a neat, clean organizaed work environment and helps colleagues as needed.
· All staff are responsible for providing support if required in the hyperbaric unit.
· You may be asked to work in the HBO environment for short periods of time.
· Visual observation and/or audible contact with the hyperbaric control panel and patients in hyperbaric chambers at all times.
· If hyperbaric technologist leaves the hyperbaric room/environment, for any reason, they are responsible for obtaining coverage during their absence. This individual requested to cover, must have attended the hyperbaric medicine course, understand emergency decompression and signs and symptoms that would cause immediate concern. Both the requesting and covering employee are responsible for the observation and management of the hyperbaric environment and patient safety. Gives report to Medical Wound Care Technician on return, reporting off patient’s condition and observations during absence.
· Hyperbaric patients and systems are observed at all times during the course of hyperbaric oxygen treatment. Reporting anything that appears to be unusual must be a priority, report to the hyperbaric Techinician and hyperbaric physician.
· Attends unit meetings per unit standard 90% of the time.
· Adheres to hospital dress code policy 100% of the time.
· Addiditional duties as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School diploma/GED
· Completion of accredited course in Medical Assisting.
· Minimum of One (1) year in a Hyperbaric Clnical setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Associate or Bachelors Degree
· Attendance at a UHMS accredited hyperbaric course.
· Strong communication skills verbal and written.
· Knowledge of outpatient hospital services.
· Ability to work closely with physicians.
· Three (3) years or more years Medical Assistant experience in physician office or clinical setting.
· Emergency Medical Techinician