Physical Therapist PRN
Req #: 17011611
Location: Tavares, FL
Job Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: Florida Hospital Waterman
Potential Referral Bonus: $
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Reviews physician’s referral, patient’s condition and medical records to determine potential plan of care.
- Administers, scores, and interprets special tests specific to physical therapy.
- Tests and measures patient’s strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity and records findings to develop or revise plan of care.
- Plans and prepares a timely written/typed functional plan of care based on a timely written/typed evaluation, re-evaluation or progress report of the patient data.
- Confers with physician and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program and integrates treatment with other aspects of patient’s health care.
- Administers treatments as discussed in the plan of care involving application of physical agents and manual techniques to improve and maintain function. Instructs, motivates and assists patient to perform various functional physical activities and exercises.
- Instructs patient and family in treatment procedures to be continued at home and educates patient and family regarding patient’s condition, progress or lack thereof and documents such in the patient chart.
- Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit and outcome.
- Provide for the patient’s safety and wellbeing in all therapeutic or transporting activities.
- Records treatment, charges, response, and progress and discharge disposition in patient’s chart in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates required productivity with appropriate time management and organizational abilities in response to changing work volume.
- Orients, instructs and directs work activities of assistants, technicians/aides and students and appropriately delegates work to each as able.
- May plan and conduct lectures and training programs on physical therapy and related topics for medical staff, hospital staff, department staff and community groups.
- Clean work area and check and store equipment after treatment.
- Maintains competencies as determined by department
- Attends staff meetings, team building and in-service training
What will you need?
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Must possess a valid Florida physical therapy license.
- Active BLS Certification
- Computer requirements-proficient in windows-type applications
- Demonstrates Share Behaviors/Waterman Way/AIDET
- Ability to interact with coworkers and other medical professionals to communicate patient needs effectively