Sterile Technician Full Time 3rd Shift
Park Ridge Health has provided whole-person care to the Henderson County community for more than 100 years. Inspired by our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ, we continually look for ways to bring hope, health and healing to the patients we have the honor of caring for. As a member of Adventist Health System, one of the largest faith-based healthcare organizations in the U.S., we also offer world-class opportunities for our team members to learn, grow and serve across the nation.
Responsible for day to day operation of sterile processing area. Works closely with SPD Supervisor. Maintains accepted standards for instrument processing.
- Disassemble, clean, assemble, sterilize, and store procedure trays, instruments, equipment and supplies according to prescribed procedures and aseptic technique, under direct supervision.
- Complete requests to dispense equipment and supplies in maintaining and processing patient charge records and maintaining department inventory.
- Sterilize instruments, equipment, utensils, linen and supplies using various types of autoclaves and aerators. Loads autoclaves in the prescribed manner and sets controls to the specific times and temperatures according to material and requirements of items being sterilized.
- Complete appropriate documentation records prior to sterilization. Read and initial autoclave graph to verify appropriate sterilization cycle and provide required records for inspection.
- Assemble all instrument procedure trays, packs and kits according to the prescribed manner using content list as a guide. Wrap packages and handle all items following procedures.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current registration as CRCST within one year of hire, with a minimum of one-year experience in an acute care hospital required.