Foodservice Retail Supervisor
Req #: 17011737
Location: Burleson, TX
Job Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: Texas Health Huguley FWS
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
To supervise and coordinate all the activities and production that relates to retails service, cafeteria, Bistro, and special functions. To supervise, train and guide employees by implementation of the department policies and procedures. To use strategic planning principles to maintain revenue goals and follow foodservice retail trends. To do appropriate documentation and to prepare reports. Performs quality control tests for Bistro and cafeteria. Performs additional tasks as assigned. Prepares evaluation appraisals.
- To supervise and coordinate activities and production as it relates to patient, cafeteria, special functions, Bistro, and cashless system.
- Assures personnel are in proper uniform with name badge displayed.
- Take care of emergencies that arise on the schedule and notify appropriate personnel of changes.
- Ensure that all meals are served on time according to schedule.
- Check cafeteria serving line to determine adherence to quality standards and temperatures (below 40 degrees or above 140 degrees).
- Checks periodically during the day to what is going on throughout the dietary department to prevent waste of man hours, food and supplies.
- Supervises all staff, sanitation, and quality control in conjunction with AM production supervisor. Supervises approximately 25-30 employees weekdays and 20 weekends.
What you will need:
- Associates degree in food service, business, or hospitality industry
- Must have at least three years of experience in food service management.
- Bachelor degree in food service, business, or hospitality industry preferred
- Hospital Food Service Supervisor's Certification desirable.