Certified Surgical Tech First Assist FT Days $5000 Sign on and Relocation Available
FT/Days 0645-1715 (Orientation is 645-1515 M-F)
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
You will be responsible for:
- Providing and maintaining a safe, physical environment
- Maintaining aseptic technique at all times
- Carrying out responsibilities in appropriate manner
- Displaying working knowledge of surgical procedures and equipment/supplies
- Managing the workload
- Ensuring proficient and safe use of equipment
- Providing assistance, providing tissue exposure, hemostasis, and sutures under the direction of the surgeon
- Assisting with positioning the patient as requested by the surgeon
- Assuming on call assignment
- Participating in staff and student development
- Adhering to institutional policies and state regulations
What will you need?
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Completion of course in surgical technology
- Surgical Technician experience required
- National Certification with Association of Surgical Technologies, Inc. and Surgical First Assistant as a CSTFA (Certified First Assist) required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) current certification